Home Index

Welcome, Guest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2017, 04:29:48 am
Search:  
Advanced search
WJD Forum Index  |  WestHost Related  |  Email  |  Topic: ProcMail
Pages: [1] |   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ProcMail  (Read 15185 times)
Shawn Sorrell
Administrator

« on: November 29, 2003, 04:18:28 pm »

Your promail file is located at  /etc/procmailrc .  That file holds rules for all email accounts for your website. 

If you want to add a rule for a specific email account you need to create a file called .procmailrc that has the rules you want processed and then upload it to /ftp/pub/username.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 07:32:40 am by Shawn Sorrell » Logged

Shawn Sorrell
Remember I am not an expert but a jack of all trades.  Information posted here should be used at your own risk. You are responsible for any changes you make to your account/website.
Shawn Sorrell
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 08:45:17 am »

If you want to delete attachments at the server so you do not have to down load them you can use the following Procmail recipe that Jalal posted on the WH forum.

Quote from: Jalal

procmail is the weapon of choice in this situation. I have the following in my /etc/procmailrc file (I use Linux so I have no interest in any sort of Windoze file).

:0 B
* Content-Disposition: attachment
* name=.*\.(com|exe|pif|scr|bat|lnk|shf|vbs)
{
:0 B:
/dev/null
}

:0 HB
* > 90000
* ^Content-(Type|Disposition): .* name=".*\.(pif|exe|com|bat|lnk)"
{
:0
/dev/null
}

Shawn Sorrell
Remember I am not an expert but a jack of all trades.  Information posted here should be used at your own risk. You are responsible for any changes you make to your account/website.
Shawn Sorrell
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 07:39:33 am »

If you want to delete spam at the server level you can add the following rule.  You do need to have Spam Assassin installed on your account which can be done via your Site Manager.

Code:
:0
* ^X-Spam-Level: \*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*
/dev/null

This code well delete any email that received  a score of 10.  The score is represented by the * (stars/asterisks).  You can modify the amount of asterisks to accommodate your needs.  This need to be added after the emails have been processed by Spam Assassin.  On a WH account this would be after the line # END SPAMASSASSIN BLOCK.

Shawn Sorrell
Pages: [1] |   Go Up
Print
WJD Forum Index  |  WestHost Related  |  Email  |  Topic: ProcMail
Jump to: