Home Index

Welcome, Guest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 03:12:28 am
Search:  
Advanced search
WJD Forum Index  |  General Discussion  |  Web and Graphic Design  |  Topic: how i make web graphics copyright free
Pages: [1] |   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: how i make web graphics copyright free  (Read 11174 times)
desperateboy

« on: October 24, 2007, 04:41:54 am »

hi
I am confused about image copyrights because i copy images from LINK REMOVED and from other web sites. Like lets say I find a image of a red bunny on the internet, but I save the image and change the color to purple - is that now an original image? Would I have to worry about copyright stuff? What if I took two copyrighted graphics like of a bunny and a cat and combine them to make a logo? Would I have copyright problems then?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 03:50:30 am by Shawn Sorrell » Logged
Shawn Sorrell
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 03:49:39 am »

Just changing the color of a graphic may not give you the right to use the image legally. Combining two images really does not make it your own either.  If you well notice most copyrights state something like " in full or part".

There is a ton of public domain images out there you can use.  Try a search on Google or your favorite search engine for "public domain images".  You should get quite a few hits.  You can also find really cheap graphic libraries at your local bookstore or computer store that have thousands of images on them that you can use.

Shawn Sorrell
Remember I am not an expert but a jack of all trades.  Information posted here should be used at your own risk. You are responsible for any changes you make to your account/website.
Pages: [1] |   Go Up
Print
WJD Forum Index  |  General Discussion  |  Web and Graphic Design  |  Topic: how i make web graphics copyright free
Jump to: